The goals of the SCM are to enhance student learning and development; more specifically, to develop in each student participant greater self-knowledge and leadership competence and to facilitate positive social change at the institution or in the community. That is, to undertake actions which will help the institution/ community to function more effectively and humanely.
http://thenovello.com/alfondie/elkos/5086 Personal Leadership
- Knowing which beliefs, values, and emotions motivate one to act.
- Help develop consciousness of others.
- Acting in accordance with one’s own values, strengths, and limitations.
- Energy that motivates the individual to serve and that drives the collective effort.
- Implies passion, intensity, and duration, directed both towards activity and intended outcomes.
- Requires knowledge of self.
have a peek at these guys Group Leadership
- Group members transcend individual goals, interests and behaviors.
- Group members explore differences in individual values, ideas, and visions.
- Enables the group to engage in collective analysis of the issues at hand and the task to be undertaken
- Best achieved when all members of the group share in the vision and participation.
site de rencontre aveyron gratuit Controversy with Civility:
- Difference are accepted and resolved openly and honestly.
- Requires trust between parties.
- Conflicts need to be resolved but also integrated into the common purpose.
- Active engagement in community
- Sense of civic responsibility.
- A practice of good citizenship should and needs to happen at every level of the model.